Richard's Kid, two-time winner of the Pacific Classic (gr. I) and of six total graded stakes through a 47-start career, has been retired due to a slight tendon tear.
Mired in a year-long slump since moving to the Doug O'Neill barn from Bob Baffert, Richard's Kid snapped out of it with a repeat victory in the $100,000 Cougar II Handicap (gr. III) July 26 at Del Mar.
Mark Verge, hired to oversee Santa Anita Park as chief executive officer in March, has stepped down.
Leading TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) contender Richard's Kid was sold privately Aug. 18 and has been transferred from the barn of Bob Baffert to Leandro Mora and Doug O'Neill a week before the renewal of the $1 million race.
Horse owner Mark Verge, a Los Angeles business entrepenuer and author of a marital advice book, has been named chief executive officer for The Stronach Group.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York