Richard's Kid, two-time winner of the Pacific Classic (gr. I) and of six total graded stakes through a 47-start career, has been retired due to a slight tendon tear.
Mired in a year-long slump since moving to the Doug O'Neill barn from Bob Baffert, Richard's Kid snapped out of it with a repeat victory in the $100,000 Cougar II Handicap (gr. III) July 26 at Del Mar.
Mark Verge, hired to oversee Santa Anita Park as chief executive officer in March, has stepped down.
Leading TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) contender Richard's Kid was sold privately Aug. 18 and has been transferred from the barn of Bob Baffert to Leandro Mora and Doug O'Neill a week before the renewal of the $1 million race.
Horse owner Mark Verge, a Los Angeles business entrepenuer and author of a marital advice book, has been named chief executive officer for The Stronach Group.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown