Richard's Kid, two-time winner of the Pacific Classic (gr. I) and of six total graded stakes through a 47-start career, has been retired due to a slight tendon tear.
Mired in a year-long slump since moving to the Doug O'Neill barn from Bob Baffert, Richard's Kid snapped out of it with a repeat victory in the $100,000 Cougar II Handicap (gr. III) July 26 at Del Mar.
Mark Verge, hired to oversee Santa Anita Park as chief executive officer in March, has stepped down.
Leading TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) contender Richard's Kid was sold privately Aug. 18 and has been transferred from the barn of Bob Baffert to Leandro Mora and Doug O'Neill a week before the renewal of the $1 million race.
Horse owner Mark Verge, a Los Angeles business entrepenuer and author of a marital advice book, has been named chief executive officer for The Stronach Group.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer