Two-time Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Flat Out reaffirmed his affinity for the Belmont Park surface April 27, winning the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) by a hard-fought head.
Some prominent names -- including Flat Out and Pants On Fire -- are set to clash in the April 27 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
He only defeated three horses in a scratched-filled edition of the $142,500 Westchester Stakes (gr. III), but To Honor and Serve could not have looked any better in his season debut April 28 at Belmont Park.
Allen Jerkens got the 2010 Belmont Park spring meet off to a flying start when his 27-1 shot Le Grand Cru edged away in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $100,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) on opening day April 30.
His connections may be different, but Bribon will attempt the same goal as he did at this time last year: win the $100,000 Westchester (gr. III) on opening day at Belmont Park April 30.
Favored Bribon used a huge sweeping move on the turn to open a big lead in the stretch en route to his first graded stakes win in the $110,000 Westchester (gr. III) April 29 as Belmont Park opened its 2009 spring/summer meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland