Two-time Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Flat Out reaffirmed his affinity for the Belmont Park surface April 27, winning the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) by a hard-fought head.
Some prominent names -- including Flat Out and Pants On Fire -- are set to clash in the April 27 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
He only defeated three horses in a scratched-filled edition of the $142,500 Westchester Stakes (gr. III), but To Honor and Serve could not have looked any better in his season debut April 28 at Belmont Park.
Allen Jerkens got the 2010 Belmont Park spring meet off to a flying start when his 27-1 shot Le Grand Cru edged away in the final sixteenth of a mile to win the $100,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) on opening day April 30.
His connections may be different, but Bribon will attempt the same goal as he did at this time last year: win the $100,000 Westchester (gr. III) on opening day at Belmont Park April 30.
Favored Bribon used a huge sweeping move on the turn to open a big lead in the stretch en route to his first graded stakes win in the $110,000 Westchester (gr. III) April 29 as Belmont Park opened its 2009 spring/summer meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online