The Bob Baffert-trained Apalachian Thunder, who finished third in the $500,000 WinStar Derby on March 30, will run in the $100,000 California Derby at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Ha Pa Da, a 5-year-old winning daughter of Wekiva Springs, brought the top price of $35,000 Sunday during Fasig-Tipton Midlantic winter mixed sale in Timonium, Md.
Donald Dizney's homebred Apalachian Thunder defeated a promising field of 3-year-olds that included Atswhatimtalknbout and Listen Indy in Friday's $56,000 allowance feature at Santa Anita.
Millionaire Wekiva Springs will return to his birthplace, Donald Dizney's Double Diamond Farm near Ocala, Fla., to stand the 2002 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29