Former Irish classic starter Dan Excel narrowly edged pacesetter Helene Spirit after a spirited battle to the finish line in the HK$12 million Champions Mile (HK-I) May 5 at Sha Tin.
Gitano Hernando, who finished sixth as the favorite in the 2010 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) n the United Arab Emirates, has arrived in Dubai from England to be prepared for the 2011 renewal of the 1 1/4-mile race.
Viva Pataca became the highest money earner in the history of Hong Kong racing when he scored a stunning win in the Audemars Piguet QEII Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin April 25.
Mike De Kock's Asiatic Boy became the first horse to win the UAE Triple Crown when absolutely annihilating his field in the US$2 million UAE Derby (UAE-II) over nine furlongs on the dirt.
Team Valor's South African champion Irridescence took the lead at the start and had enough left in the tank to hold off a determined Ouija Board in the HK$14 million Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) over 10 furlongs at Sha Tin on Sunday.
Mike De Kock's Grand Emporium, favorite for the Godolphin Mile (UAE-II), may have been sporting new colors, but it was business as usual as he ran out a cozy winner of the mile dirt race Saturday at Nad Al Sheba.
If there was any doubt that South Africa's Victory Moon was the real thing then he dispelled all such thoughts when winning the Maktoum Challenge Round 3 (UAE-II) over the ten-furlong course.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail