As Laurel Park digs out from a pair of massive snow storms, the Maryland Jockey Club will run four stakes races Presidents Day, including the General George and Barbara Fritchie Handicaps (both gr. II).
Unbridled Belle, as expected, made her final start in New York a winning one, drawing off to an easy four-length victory as the prohibitive choice in the $109,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Oct. 31.
Millionaire mare Unbridled Belle, who has competed in some of New York's premier stakes races over the past four seasons, makes her final start in the Big Apple as the heavy favorite in the $100,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Oct. 31.
Future Prospect and Haynesfield are the stars and Naughty New Yorker is the sentimental favorite, but contention will run deep Oct. 24 when 11 colts and geldings and one filly line up for the $250,000 Empire Classic at Belmont Park.
Godolphin Stable's Seventh Street continued her dominance over an off track, as she wore down Spritely in mid-stretch and went on to win the $300,000 Go For Wand Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 2 at rainy Saratoga. It was the fifth victory in eight starts for the 4-year-old daughter of Street Cry, who became a multiple graded stakes winner.
Successful Sarah will face five rivals in the $100,000 Next Move (gr. III) for fillies and mares at nine furlongs at Aqueduct March 28.
Prohibitive favorite Proud Spell bounced back from a rough trip in the Mother Goose (gr. I) just two weeks ago to win the $500,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. I) in determined fashion July 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset