This year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) is fast approaching, but rain could also be on the way for the May 4 event at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
People may anticipating summer-like temperatures this weekend in Louisville, but those planning to attend this year's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) had better brace themselves for the strong possibility of rain.
A severe thunderstorm watch was in effect until 10 p.m. EST Friday night in north central Kentucky, with showers and thunderstorms likely before 2 a.m., according to the National Weather Service report in Louisville.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys