Former international bloodstock agents Otis Wayne Murty and Anson Duane Murty have each pleaded not guilty to seven counts of second-degree animal cruelty after several neglected horses were found to be under their ownership.
One-time high-flying bloodstock agents Duane and Wayne Murty were arrested July 25 and charged with animal cruelty after two dozen of their horses were found in filthy and/or malnourished condition earlier this month.
An alleged case of horse neglect on a Midway, Ky. property leased to trainer Wayne Murty is being investigated by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture and Woodford County Animal Control.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport