Former international bloodstock agents Otis Wayne Murty and Anson Duane Murty have each pleaded not guilty to seven counts of second-degree animal cruelty after several neglected horses were found to be under their ownership.
One-time high-flying bloodstock agents Duane and Wayne Murty were arrested July 25 and charged with animal cruelty after two dozen of their horses were found in filthy and/or malnourished condition earlier this month.
An alleged case of horse neglect on a Midway, Ky. property leased to trainer Wayne Murty is being investigated by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture and Woodford County Animal Control.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga