Former international bloodstock agents Otis Wayne Murty and Anson Duane Murty have each pleaded not guilty to seven counts of second-degree animal cruelty after several neglected horses were found to be under their ownership.
One-time high-flying bloodstock agents Duane and Wayne Murty were arrested July 25 and charged with animal cruelty after two dozen of their horses were found in filthy and/or malnourished condition earlier this month.
An alleged case of horse neglect on a Midway, Ky. property leased to trainer Wayne Murty is being investigated by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture and Woodford County Animal Control.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title