Former international bloodstock agents Otis Wayne Murty and Anson Duane Murty have each pleaded not guilty to seven counts of second-degree animal cruelty after several neglected horses were found to be under their ownership.
One-time high-flying bloodstock agents Duane and Wayne Murty were arrested July 25 and charged with animal cruelty after two dozen of their horses were found in filthy and/or malnourished condition earlier this month.
An alleged case of horse neglect on a Midway, Ky. property leased to trainer Wayne Murty is being investigated by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture and Woodford County Animal Control.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation