The first colt produced from Horse of the Year Havre de Grace was bought back by Mandy Pope's Whisper Hill Farm for $1.9 million during the Sept. 13 second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Less than 12 hours after saddling Tonalist to an upset victory in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), trainer Christophe Clement was in his usual spot on the apron at the New York track at 5:30 a.m. June 8, overseeing workouts.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies