Washington invader Flamethrowintexan went gate to wire in his turf debut to win the $141,250 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a head over favored Fantastic Spain Saturday on the turf in San Mateo.
Grashopper Stable's favored Flamethrowintexan refused to cave in under a severe challenge from Papi Chullo to win Sunday's $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III), Emerald Down's signature race.
Multiple graded stakes-placed and stakes winning sire Way West was euthanized March 26 due to laminitis.
Grasshopper Stable's Flamethrowintexan overpowered the field in Sunday's $98,750 Mt. Rainier Breeder's Cup Handicap, going gate to wire for a 2 1/4-length victory at Emerald Downs.
A colt by Stormin Fever consigned by agent Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds worked a quarter mile in :21 4/5, fastest work at the distance in the final portion of the fourth session of the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2005 Spring Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training.
Flamethrowintexan notched his fourth consecutive victory on Saturday, leading all the way in the $65,000 Seattle Slew Breeders' Cup at Emerald Downs.
Way West, whose progeny earnings are approaching $5 million, will stand at O'Sullivan Farms near Charles Town, W.Va.
Western Pride, who had been out of action since May 11, held off Total Impact by a neck Saturday to win the $150,000 San Bernardino Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August yearling sale finished its four-day run in Central Florida Thursday with declines in gross revenue and average price.
Outflanker and Way West, stallions that stood last season at Sez Who Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla., will stand the 2002 season at Cloverleaf Farms II near Reddick, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Baffert Could Send Three to Santa Anita Derby
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Del Mar Altering Main Track Banking and Grading
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Federal Bills Aim to Increase Industry Participation
- Olorda Brings Back Class to Orchid Stakes
- Zimmer Relocated to Poplar Creek in Ohio
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission