The second-place finisher in the 2000 Breeders' Cup Juvenile, Platinum Tiara will be bred to A.P. Indy in 2003.
M375 Thoroughbreds Inc.'s Diamond Studs closed from next-to-last in the field of four Thoroughbreds and four Quarter Horses to win the $25,000 Challenge Stakes, the first race on Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" card Saturday.
Platinum Tiara's month-long break at Early Morning Farm in Ocala, Fl. ended Thursday, when the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up returned to trainer Joe Waunsch's barn at Calder Race Course.
Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) fifth-place finisher Platinum Tiara shipped from Keeneland to Churchill Downs on Thursday morning. The Brave Raj Stakes winner will begin preparing for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) on Friday, according to trainer Joe Waunsch and owner Rob Murphy.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair