The second-place finisher in the 2000 Breeders' Cup Juvenile, Platinum Tiara will be bred to A.P. Indy in 2003.
M375 Thoroughbreds Inc.'s Diamond Studs closed from next-to-last in the field of four Thoroughbreds and four Quarter Horses to win the $25,000 Challenge Stakes, the first race on Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" card Saturday.
Platinum Tiara's month-long break at Early Morning Farm in Ocala, Fl. ended Thursday, when the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up returned to trainer Joe Waunsch's barn at Calder Race Course.
Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) fifth-place finisher Platinum Tiara shipped from Keeneland to Churchill Downs on Thursday morning. The Brave Raj Stakes winner will begin preparing for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) on Friday, according to trainer Joe Waunsch and owner Rob Murphy.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- International Star Scratched from the Derby