The second-place finisher in the 2000 Breeders' Cup Juvenile, Platinum Tiara will be bred to A.P. Indy in 2003.
M375 Thoroughbreds Inc.'s Diamond Studs closed from next-to-last in the field of four Thoroughbreds and four Quarter Horses to win the $25,000 Challenge Stakes, the first race on Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" card Saturday.
Platinum Tiara's month-long break at Early Morning Farm in Ocala, Fl. ended Thursday, when the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up returned to trainer Joe Waunsch's barn at Calder Race Course.
Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) fifth-place finisher Platinum Tiara shipped from Keeneland to Churchill Downs on Thursday morning. The Brave Raj Stakes winner will begin preparing for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) on Friday, according to trainer Joe Waunsch and owner Rob Murphy.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Call Me George Pulls New Orleans 'Cap Upset