The second-place finisher in the 2000 Breeders' Cup Juvenile, Platinum Tiara will be bred to A.P. Indy in 2003.
M375 Thoroughbreds Inc.'s Diamond Studs closed from next-to-last in the field of four Thoroughbreds and four Quarter Horses to win the $25,000 Challenge Stakes, the first race on Calder Race Course's "Summit of Speed" card Saturday.
Platinum Tiara's month-long break at Early Morning Farm in Ocala, Fl. ended Thursday, when the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up returned to trainer Joe Waunsch's barn at Calder Race Course.
Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) fifth-place finisher Platinum Tiara shipped from Keeneland to Churchill Downs on Thursday morning. The Brave Raj Stakes winner will begin preparing for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) on Friday, according to trainer Joe Waunsch and owner Rob Murphy.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm