Average yearling prices at the 2013 Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's Summer Yearling and Mixed Sale Aug. 20 increased 33.6% over 2012.
Joe Pirone, one of the most recognized figures in Washington horse racing and breeding, died Jan. 10 after a brief illness at the age of 64.
A full brother to two-time Washington State Horse of the Year Noosa Beach was sold for $55,000 to top the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's summer yearling and mixed sale.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced that the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association will participate in the NTRA Legislative Action Campaign's checkoff program.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees