Average yearling prices at the 2013 Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's Summer Yearling and Mixed Sale Aug. 20 increased 33.6% over 2012.
Joe Pirone, one of the most recognized figures in Washington horse racing and breeding, died Jan. 10 after a brief illness at the age of 64.
A full brother to two-time Washington State Horse of the Year Noosa Beach was sold for $55,000 to top the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's summer yearling and mixed sale.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced that the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association will participate in the NTRA Legislative Action Campaign's checkoff program.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana