Louisville entrepreneurs and philanthropists Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson have announced that historic Hermitage Farm will remain a Thoroughbred operation, with plans to make the farm a tourist destination.
Ron Geary, owner and president of Ellis Park, has been named the 25th winner of the Warner L. Jones Jr. Horseman of the Year Award given by the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners Association.
David P. Reynolds, who bred and raced 1994 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Tabasco Cat with W.T. Young, died Monday at the VCU Medical Center in Richmond, Va.
Bruce Rimbo, president of Ruidoso Downs in New Mexico, will deliver the 2007 "Warner L. Jones Jr. Memorial Lecture on the Business of Racing" May 12 at the University of Louisville.
Harriet Jones, whose late husband, Warner L. Jones Jr., served as chairman of Churchill Downs, died the morning of Jan. 8 at her Louisville home
Miscellaneous racing news
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse