The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society-Ontario Division has cataloged 97 offerings for its inaugural online winter mixed sale that began Nov. 25 and continues to Dec. 9.
First-crop sire War Cry was represented by his first winner Oct. 7 at Woodbine when homebred filly Jean's a Lady won a $50,000 maiden special weight by a neck for trainer Steve Attard and owners John Curtis and Gino Panza.
War Cry, an 8-year-old half brother to successful sire E Dubai, will stand in 2011 at John Carey's T. C. Westmeath Stud Farm near Shelburne, Ontario, Canada.
War Cry, a $2.7-million yearling and a half-brother to grade II winner and prominent sire E Dubai (by Mr. Prospector) and grade I winner and European champion producer No Matter What (by Nureyev), will stand the 2009 season for $2,500 at Richard Moylen's Hunter View Farm near Caledon, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes