An exciting matchup between group I winners Kingman and Toronado has shaped up for the QIPCO Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) July 30 at Goodwood.
Dazzling Royal Ascot winner The Fugue is the favorite for the Coral-Eclipse Stakes, which attracted five other group I winners among a field of 11 for the July 5 race at Sandown Park.
Classic winners Kingman and Night of Thunder will renew their hot rivalry June 17 at Royal Ascot in the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) for 3-year-olds.
Kingman will get a chance to make amends for his close runner-up finish in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) earlier this month at Newmarket when he meets 13 opponents in the Tattersalls Irish Two Thousand Guineas.
The QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) drew a full field of 14 for the first jewel of England's Triple Crown May 3 at Newmarket, with Juddmonte Farms' unbeaten homebred Kingman the pre-race favorite.
War Command shook clear of dogged pursuer Cable Bay and won the Dubai Dewhurst Stakes (Eng-I) for 2-year-old colts and fillies Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
Sudirman caused quite a surprise when he upset heavily favored War Command in the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes in his group I debut Aug. 11 at the Curragh.
by John P. Sparkman
Danzig proved himself a sire of sires, and his greatest influence has been abroad instead of in the country of his birth, and that influence has rarely been more evident than at Royal Ascot in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby