Rumor put it together for the Hall of Fame tandem of trainer Richard Mandella and jockey Mike Smith to register her first graded stakes victory in the $100,000 Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) March 10 at Santa Anita Park.
Dangerous Midge, winner of the 2010 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), has been sold for stallion duty in Chile.
Dangerous Midge made sure European jockey Frankie Dettori didn't go home empty handed when he wore down pacesetter Champ Pegasus in deep stretch to win the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 6.
Virgil F. Hisel, who owned Twin Eagles Farm near Lexington, died March 8 at his Nicholasville, Ky., home.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Ltd. will honor the victorious breeders of the 2005 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at the 12th annual Breeders' Cup Ltd. dinner on Saturday, Jan. 7, 6:30 p.m. in the Clubhouse at Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Ky.
Thoroughbred owners and breeders in Central Kentucky are on high alert for signs or symptoms of mare reproductive loss syndrome, but, as of late January, they were preparing for the 2002 breeding season with a "business as usual" approach. The season traditionally begins Feb. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Texas Commission Gets Three-Month Reprieve
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'