Sir Prize Birthday, the oldest member of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's herd, was euthanized Dec. 2 at the Wallkill Correctional Facility near Wallkill, N.Y., at age 35.
On Saturday, May 25, the stakes-winning, hard-knocking horse Sir Prize Birthday will celebrate his 33rd birthday. read blog
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has announced an agreement with the State of Illinois to open its ninth correctional facility-based farm., the Second Chances Ranch at the Vandalia Correctional Facility in Vandalia.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has partnered with the Harriet E. Pfleger Foundation and several New York racing organizations to create a program to retrain up to 100 Thoroughbreds per year from New York tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Industry Teams to Help Parkinson's Research
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware