Sir Prize Birthday, the oldest member of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's herd, was euthanized Dec. 2 at the Wallkill Correctional Facility near Wallkill, N.Y., at age 35.
On Saturday, May 25, the stakes-winning, hard-knocking horse Sir Prize Birthday will celebrate his 33rd birthday. read blog
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has announced an agreement with the State of Illinois to open its ninth correctional facility-based farm., the Second Chances Ranch at the Vandalia Correctional Facility in Vandalia.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has partnered with the Harriet E. Pfleger Foundation and several New York racing organizations to create a program to retrain up to 100 Thoroughbreds per year from New York tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win