Sir Prize Birthday, the oldest member of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's herd, was euthanized Dec. 2 at the Wallkill Correctional Facility near Wallkill, N.Y., at age 35.
On Saturday, May 25, the stakes-winning, hard-knocking horse Sir Prize Birthday will celebrate his 33rd birthday. read blog
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has announced an agreement with the State of Illinois to open its ninth correctional facility-based farm., the Second Chances Ranch at the Vandalia Correctional Facility in Vandalia.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has partnered with the Harriet E. Pfleger Foundation and several New York racing organizations to create a program to retrain up to 100 Thoroughbreds per year from New York tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017