Sir Prize Birthday, the oldest member of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's herd, was euthanized Dec. 2 at the Wallkill Correctional Facility near Wallkill, N.Y., at age 35.
On Saturday, May 25, the stakes-winning, hard-knocking horse Sir Prize Birthday will celebrate his 33rd birthday. read blog
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has announced an agreement with the State of Illinois to open its ninth correctional facility-based farm., the Second Chances Ranch at the Vandalia Correctional Facility in Vandalia.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has partnered with the Harriet E. Pfleger Foundation and several New York racing organizations to create a program to retrain up to 100 Thoroughbreds per year from New York tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks