Sir Prize Birthday, the oldest member of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation's herd, was euthanized Dec. 2 at the Wallkill Correctional Facility near Wallkill, N.Y., at age 35.
On Saturday, May 25, the stakes-winning, hard-knocking horse Sir Prize Birthday will celebrate his 33rd birthday. read blog
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has announced an agreement with the State of Illinois to open its ninth correctional facility-based farm., the Second Chances Ranch at the Vandalia Correctional Facility in Vandalia.
The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation has partnered with the Harriet E. Pfleger Foundation and several New York racing organizations to create a program to retrain up to 100 Thoroughbreds per year from New York tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky