Marking the end of an era in the Thoroughbred marketplace, the final yearlings by A.P. Indy are being offered at public auction.
Law Society, winner of Ireland's greatest classic event, has died at Gestut Isarland in Germany.
Al Mufti, a Kentucky-bred son of Roberto, died March 3 at age 26 in his paddock at Ascot Stud in South Africa.
Classic winner and successful sire Summer Squall was euthanized Tuesday, Sept. 22, at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Lane's End stallion Summer Squall was euthanized today because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
The $8-million Storm Cat colt, which was the highest-priced Thoroughbred sold at public auction this year, is in Florida being prepared for racing by brothers J.B. and Kevin McKathan.
Classic winner and prominent sire Summer Squall has been retired from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., due to continuing problems with his fertility.
Pin Oak Stable's undefeated See How She Runs will return to action July 3 as the short-priced favorite for the $150,000 Iowa Oaks at Prairie Meadows.
William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm and Mrs. Jeanne Vance announced Friday that Lemon Drop Kid, the 1999 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner who won last weekend's Whitney Handicap, will go to the Versailles, Ky. farm to stand at stud when he retires following this year's Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) on Nov. 4. The 4-year-old colt will be syndicated with the stud fee to be determined later.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar