Tattersalls launched its 2013 sales calendar on Feb. 7 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket and saw the one-day mixed sale continue the momentum of last year's successful sales season.
With a Paco Boy weanling leading the way, the opening day of the Tattersalls December Foal Sale Nov. 28 in Newmarket enjoyed across-the-board increases.
The Book 3 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale posted gains of 1.2% in gross revenue, 28.9% in average price, and 57.1% for median price from a year ago.
It was another slow day at the 2008 Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 26 in England. The 110 horses sold (from 199 offered) grossed 746,100 guineas, to average 6,783 guineas. The median was 4,000 guineas.
Brilliant sunshine and a festive atmosphere set the tone for the opening day of the Tattersalls July Sale at Park Paddocks with robust trade and a new record for filly in training at the July Sale of 250,000 guineas. A total of 200 lots were sold for a total of 4,608,200 guineas, at an average of 23,041 guineas and a median of 15,500 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Xpressbet to Sponsor 2015 Preakness Stakes
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory