Managing the sloppy conditions expected for five graded stakes Oct. 1 at Belmont Park.
Barry Schwartz's New York-bred will try to regain his form of last year in six-furlong dash at Belmont Sept. 28.
Trainer Mike Hushion says Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) winner The Lumber Guy is headed for the Breeders' Cup Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park, but he and owner Barry Schwartz aren't sure which race.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin, following Godolphin's fourth grade I win of the Saratoga meet with Emcee in the Forego Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 1, talked about the upcoming plans for each of those horses.
Giant Ryan held off a challenge by Force Freeze and pulled a 12-1 surprise in the $350,000 Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) Oct. 1 at muddy Belmont Park.
The Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) is still five weeks away, but few would complain if the field resembled this weekend's $350,000 Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Jason, Tom, and Les Instone of TwinSpires.com handicap the Jockey Club Gold Cup and Vosburgh Inivitational at Belmont Park. watch video
Trappe Shot continued preparations for the Oct. 1 Vosburgh Invitational (gr. I) with a breeze Sept. 17, working in company with stablemate Rattlesnake Bridge. The tandem was clocked in :49.90 for the four-furlong distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity