Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid al Maktoum's group-winning miler Aljamaaheer may find a comfort zone in the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) for sprinters Aug. 10 at Deauville.
French-trained filly Miss France, showing marked improvement from her prep race last month, held off fast-finishing Lightning Thunder to narrowly win the QIPCO One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) May 4 at Newmarket.
Nineteen 3-year-old fillies are entered for the QIPCO One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) May 4 at Newmarket, led by early 7-2 favorite Rizeena.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
French filly Vorda struck the front in the closing stages, scooting past the leading Princess Noor to win the Connolly's Red Mills Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) for 2-year-old fillies Sept. 28 at Newmarket.
A Dr Fong colt and an Orpen filly tied for the highest price of 115,000 ($154,302 in United States funds) at the first edition of the Arqana v.2 yearling sale Aug. 20 in Deauville.
United States-based trainer Wesley Ward struck at the top level in France Aug. 18 with precocious 2-year-old No Nay Never, who effortlessly stretched his speed to win the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I) at Deauville.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Unbridled Unleashed