With relatively little discussion, a proposed rule outlining conditions that could void a claim was unanimously approved Jan. 26 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Safety and Welfare Committee.
After KHRC Safety and Welfare Committee members deemed Kentucky's voided claim rule "virtually nonexistent," proposed language to put in place was the meeting's dominant topic.
Equibase Company has announced that effective immediately it will include in its data feeds, result charts, and Equibase past performance products information on claims that were subsequently voided.
A California rule that rescinds the claim of a horse placed on the veterinarian's list following the race in which the claim was submitted resulted in 19 of 229 purchases being voided at three tracks in the first month.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case