The board of directors of New York Thoroughbred Breeders held its first meeting of 2014 on Monday, Jan. 27, and enacted several changes to the organization.
- By Claire Novak
It Is foaling season at Edition Farm, and in the deeply straw-bedded stalls of a cozy barn, the miracle of new life occurs. As a mare stretches around to greet her newborn foal, 80-year-old Vivien Malloy is there. Download Now
The board of directors of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders unanimously re-elected Thomas J. Gallo III to serve as board vice president and Vivien Malloy as secretary/treasurer.
Fred Winters has been named farm manager of Vivien Malloy's Edition Farm. The farm is located near Hyde Park, N.Y.
Barry Ostrager, principal owner of Questroyal Stud, has been re-elected president of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders, whose board of directors met Jan. 19.
Craig Bandoroff's Denali Stud in Kentucky and Vivien Malloy's Edition Farm in New York have formed a strategic alliance, it was announced Nov. 30.
A fall from a horse Feb. 21 in Germany claimed the life of Debby Malloy Winkler, daughter of prominent New York breeder and state industry leader Vivien Malloy.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders concluded its annual board of directors election Dec.3 . This year, NYTB members voted to fill five seats on the 11-person board.
All of the 2009 officers of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Inc. have been unanimously re-elected to serve in the same positions this year.
At a Jan. 28 organizational meeting of New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Saratoga native Michael McMahon was re-elected as president for a second term.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru