Co-favorites Itsmyluckyday and Moreno battled shoulder to shoulder through the entire length of the Saratoga stretch before Itsmyluckyday prevailed to win the $600,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I) by half a length Aug. 30.
Itsmyluckyday, the 6-5 favorite, pulled clear to win the $160,500 Salvator Mile Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths. The son of Lawyer Ron covered the mile in 1:34.88 July 6 at Monmouth Park.
Itsmyluckyday, runner-up in the 2013 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and winner of the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. II) early in his 3-year-old season, rolled to an authoritative victory April 26 in a minor stakes at Gulfstream Park.
Itsmyluckyday defeated champion Shanghai Bobby and set a track record at Gulfstream Park in the process when he won the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup