Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino confirmed one horse on its grounds has tested positive for equine herpesvirus Jan. 21, forcing quarantine at the New Mexico racetrack.
Researchers at Texas A&M University have just completed a retrospective study into the safety of administering the killed West Nile virus vaccine to pregnant broodmares, the first study on this topic in equine reproductive research.
According to several Georgia newspapers, eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) has struck nine horses in the southern part of the state. Only three cases were documented in Georgia in 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile