Laurel Park opens its customary end-of-season meet Sept. 5 with an emphasis on turf racing and stakes clustered on multiple big-event days.
If entries for the first two programs are any indication, Colonial Downs in Virginia should have a strong meet from a wagering perspective. Entries total 231 horses for the first two days.
Colonial Downs announced its 2010 summer stakes schedule and it again is highlighted by a pair of grade II turf races for 3-year olds -- the $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup June 19 and the $600,000 Virginia Derby July 17.
Colonial Downs in Virginia opens June 11 for a 34-day meet that again will feature extensive use of the facility's turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Force the Pass Heads Fort Marcy