Violence, one of the winter book favorites for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), has been officially retired from racing and will reside at John G. Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
The equine Violence now must be considered a leading Triple Crown prospect for owner Black Rock Thoroughbreds and trainer Todd Pletcher.
Favored Violence remained unbeaten in three starts when he ran down front-running Fury Kapcori for victory in the $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I), the final graded stakes of the autumn meet at Hollywood Park Dec. 15.
Violence proved profitable in the $200,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds Nov. 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
A Medaglia d'Oro -- Violent Beauty, by Gone West, colt (Hip No. 469) was purchased by Black Rock Stable for $600,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales consignment during the third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- TCA Title Sponsor of Thoroughbred Makeover
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- Breeders' Cup Selects Board of Directors
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Inside the July 11, 2015 Issue
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship