Two-time grade I winner Dads Caps appears to be the class in the $250,000 True North Stakes (gr. II) June 5 at Belmont Park, as a part of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival.
Favored Paulassilverlining slipped through on the rail at the head of the lane and fought Noble and a Beauty to the wire to prevail by a nose in the $98,000 Ruthless Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Jan. 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Vincent Scuderi's homebred Paulassilverlining (by Ghostzapper), rallied past Evrybdymstgetstonz to win the six-furlong Matron Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
Dads Caps, a front-running sprint specialist who won the April 5 Carter Handicap (gr. I), tops the nine-horse field of 4-year-olds and up entered for the $250,000 True North Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park June 6.
Veteran campaigner Strapping Groom, winner of the Forego Stakes (gr. I) over a muddy track last year, has been installed the 7-5 morning line choice in the field of seven drawn for the March 1 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Magnificent Treve Triumphs at Saint-Cloud