G. Watts Humphrey Jr.'s Frivolous is among 13 entered in the $200,000 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs Nov. 26, but she could end up facing males in the $500,000 Clark Handicap (gr. I) the following day.
G. Watts Humphrey Jr.'s Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) contender Frivolous turned in her final work for the Oct. 30 test when she breezed five furlongs in :59 4/5 under trainer Vicki Oliver at Keeneland.
She's Not Here is by Street Cry, sire of the 2010 Horse of the Year, and out of the champion's half sister.
Frivolous edged just past pacesetter Yahilwa on the turn and then pulled away through the stretch to win the $200,000 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) in a 32-1 upset June 13 at Churchill Downs.
Grade I winner Personal Diary and graded stakes winners Strike Charmer, I'm Already Sexy, and Aurelia's Belle head a competitive field of 12 entered for the June 6 Old Forester Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill.
Lightly regarded Personal Diary took advantage of a hot pace with a sharp last-to-first move under Corey Nakatani to post a 9-1 surprise in the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) on the turf Aug. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf