Jockey Gary Baze, a member of the Washington Racing Hall of Fame, was injured in a training accident at Turf Paradise, and has full movement of his arms and legs after undergoing surgery for fractured vertebrae.
Six top female riders are set to square off in the inaugural $30,000 Pimlico Female Jockey Challenge on Black-Eyed Susan Day, May 20, at Pimlico Race Course.
Vicky Baze, the third all-time leading female rider with more than 1,500 victories, returned to racing on Sunday at Emerald Downs with a fifth-place finish aboard Crystal Mt. Stevie in a $14,000 allowance race.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Barretts March Sale Catalogs 129 Horses
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout