Jockey Gary Baze, a member of the Washington Racing Hall of Fame, was injured in a training accident at Turf Paradise, and has full movement of his arms and legs after undergoing surgery for fractured vertebrae.
Six top female riders are set to square off in the inaugural $30,000 Pimlico Female Jockey Challenge on Black-Eyed Susan Day, May 20, at Pimlico Race Course.
Vicky Baze, the third all-time leading female rider with more than 1,500 victories, returned to racing on Sunday at Emerald Downs with a fifth-place finish aboard Crystal Mt. Stevie in a $14,000 allowance race.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup