Jockey Gary Baze, a member of the Washington Racing Hall of Fame, was injured in a training accident at Turf Paradise, and has full movement of his arms and legs after undergoing surgery for fractured vertebrae.
Six top female riders are set to square off in the inaugural $30,000 Pimlico Female Jockey Challenge on Black-Eyed Susan Day, May 20, at Pimlico Race Course.
Vicky Baze, the third all-time leading female rider with more than 1,500 victories, returned to racing on Sunday at Emerald Downs with a fifth-place finish aboard Crystal Mt. Stevie in a $14,000 allowance race.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation