A Baker's Dozen passed the entry box for the seven-furlong Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II) including Munnings, Hull, Kensei, and recent Carter Handicap (gr. I) winner Warrior's Reward.
Multiple graded winner Musket Man, who made a name for himself during this year's Triple Crown run, will miss Monmouth Park's Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 2 and the rest of the racing season with a bone bruise in his left front foot.
Owner Vic Carlson leaned against the wall of Barn 41 April 29 at Churchill Downs waiting for his Musket Man to head to the track for his morning gallop. The one-time high school athletic director turned money-machine magnate has been to the Kentucky Derby before, but not with some skin in the game.
Eric Fein and Vic Carlson's Musket Man found his best stride inside the sixteenth-pole and edged out longshot Join in the Dance by a neck to win the $300,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) March 14.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud