The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady