The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin