The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Churchill Downs Readies for 21-Day Fall Meet
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- LNJ Foxwoods Named New Owner of the Year