The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate
- Purely a Dream Leads Bourbonette Exacta for McPeek