The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday