The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth