The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago