The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work