The California Horse Racing Board will expand its voided claims rule to include not only horses who suffer a fatality but also horses placed on the Veterinarian's List as lame or unsound after the race.
A claim made on a horse running in California will be voided if the animal is placed on the official veterinarian's list as lame or unsound following the race, under a rule adopted by the state's horse racing board Feb. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Friday's Islamorada Could Impact Triple Crown
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Inner-Track Star Storied Lady Set for Cat Cay
- Armin van Buuren Tops Preakness InfieldFest