Down the Stretch Ranch isn't just a home for retired racehorses. Like a coupled entry, horses and veterans are 1 and 1A.
- By Steve Haskin
Several years ago during Kentucky Derby week, I wrote a small segment in my column about Iraqi War veteran Chris Simonds and his special Kentucky Derby dream. read blog
Owner Chip McEwen will have several veterans with him May 3 at the Kentucky Derby, but Churchill Downs didn't help with their tickets or access.
- By Vic Zast
Veterans of various descriptions enter the spotlight. read blog
In honor of D-Day, another look at WWII Veterans visiting with Normandy Invasion during Kentucky Derby Week. watch video
World War II veteran Alan Reeves had some advice for Fox Hill Farm's Rick Porter on May 3 when he and three other veterans of the Normandy Invasion visited Barn 42 where Kentucky Derby contender Normandy Invasion is stabled.
The four unknowingly helped inspire the name of Kentucky Derby contender Normandy Invasion, along with the other thousands of brave soldiers who participated in the historic events of June 6, 1944. read blog
West Point Thoroughbreds is partnering with the Ivey Ranch in Oceanside, Calif. to honor America's injured veterans by sponsoring a six-week session of rehabilitative treatment for those injured in the line of duty.
Catesby Clay's Runnymede Farm near Paris, Ky., will welcome 20 combat veterans who were injured while on duty in Iraq and Afghanistan during a special luncheon and tour Aug. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Jockeys' Guild Set for Annual Assembly
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races