John Magnier's Coolmore Stud buying team topped day two of Tattersalls' October yearling sale in England when spending 650,000 guineas on a Montjeu half-brother to dual French group I winner Vespone (by Llandaff). Blandford Bloodstock's Tom Goff was the immediate underbidder on the colt, which was consigned through Caroline Green's Templeton Stud to the Book 1 portion of the auction.
The Nicolas Clement-trained Stormy River went from last to first to land the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) in impressive fashion at Chantilly on Sunday.
For the second consecutive year, the winner of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) was disqualified when Powerscourt, ridden by Jamie Spencer, was taken down for starting a chain of events in the stretch that stewards ruled cost K
Moyglare Stud Farm Ltd.'s colt Simple Exchange, one of several prominent European invaders for Saturday's Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT), worked Wednesday at Arlington Park.
The Irish-bred colt Vespone and the South African-bred mare Crimson Palace, a pair of Godolphin Racing Inc. competitors in Saturday's International Festival of Racing at Arlington Park, turned in easy gallops Monday morning at the suburban Chicago track.
Irish bred Vespone made all the running and comfortably held off the late charge of Magistretti to win the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris (Fr-I) for 3-year-olds at Longchamp Sunday.
Pacesetting Vespone, ridden by Christophe Lemaire, was never seriously challenged in comfortably winning Sunday's Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly by three lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Compromise Possible for Racing in Virginia
- Saratoga Study Touts Impact of VLT Revenue
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Pedigree Analysis: Far From Over