An examination of 1,450 horses stabled at Lone Star Park revealed no evidence of vesicular stomititis, a contagious disease that was discovered in three horses in southwest Texas.
Lone Star Park officials reported Wednesday that Texas Racing Commission veterinarians examined each of the 1,450 horses stabled in its barn area and none showed signs of vesicular stomititis (VS).
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner