Keeneland Association and the NBC Sports Group announced Aug. 18 a partnership to broadcast "Autumn at Keeneland," live racing from Keeneland in Lexington, over two weekends this fall beginning Oct. 7 on VERSUS.
Jockey Rosie Napravnik will join the VERSUS network broadcasting crew for the Saturday, Aug. 13, telecast of the $500,000 Sword Dancer Invitational (gr. IT) at Saratoga.
The NBC Sports Group's seven straight weekends of "Summer at Saratoga" coverage begins Saturday, July 23, with live coverage of the TVG Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I).
NBC Sports reported that the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) upset victory by Ruler on Ice produced a 4.8 overnight rating and 11 share for the race portion of the two-hour broadcast, reflecting a 55% increase over 2010.
With more than six hours of programming devoted to the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) on Saturday, June 11, NBC Sports Group has released the schedule on NBC and VERSUS networks.
The Friday, May 20, and Saturday, May 21, racing cards from Pimlico Racecourse that include the Preakness Stakes and Black-Eyed Susan Stakes will be covered by the NBC Sports Group, HRTV, and the Horse Racing Radio Network.
Horse racing needs to take a "major league" approach in order to increase economic opportunities and spur investment, National Thoroughbred Racing Association executive chairman Bob Elliston said May 4.
Twenty-two 3-year-olds have been entered for the May 7 Kentucky Derby according to the Churchill Downs communications office.
Larry Collmus will step into race-caller chair for all three Triple Crown events; Versus will have live coverage of Derby draw.
NBC and its sister station Versus will air 25 hours of programming surrounding the 2011 Triple Crown, including live coverage on NBC of the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Belmont Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup