Rohit Thukral has been promoted to president of Twinspires.com and has been appointed executive vice president of technology initiatives for Churchill Downs Inc., it was announced May 21.
Vernon Niven has left Churchill Downs Inc. for personal reasons, the company announced Feb. 12. Niven, who since October 2006 has served as executive vice president of CDI and president of Twinspires.com, will vacate his posts in June after the conclusion of the 2009 Triple Crown.
A new advance deposit wagering service, TwinSpires, is prepared to launch on May 2, accepting wagers on the 2007 spring meet at Churchill Downs racetrack in time for the 133rd renewals of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on May 5 and the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) a day earlier, Churchill Downs Inc., announced.
Churchill Downs' new account wagering service, TwinSpires, will not be open for business in time for the opening of the 2007 spring meet on Saturday, Churchill Downs Inc. announced April 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004