Rohit Thukral has been promoted to president of Twinspires.com and has been appointed executive vice president of technology initiatives for Churchill Downs Inc., it was announced May 21.
Vernon Niven has left Churchill Downs Inc. for personal reasons, the company announced Feb. 12. Niven, who since October 2006 has served as executive vice president of CDI and president of Twinspires.com, will vacate his posts in June after the conclusion of the 2009 Triple Crown.
A new advance deposit wagering service, TwinSpires, is prepared to launch on May 2, accepting wagers on the 2007 spring meet at Churchill Downs racetrack in time for the 133rd renewals of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) on May 5 and the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) a day earlier, Churchill Downs Inc., announced.
Churchill Downs' new account wagering service, TwinSpires, will not be open for business in time for the opening of the 2007 spring meet on Saturday, Churchill Downs Inc. announced April 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates