Live racing could return to Vermont if a buyer is found for Green Mountain Park, located near Pownal, Vt. The track, which hasn't conducted live racing since 1992 and currently does not have a racing license, is listed for $2.5 million on the Internet auction company site, eBay.
- By Tom LaMarra
A Vermont legislator has introduced a bill to authorize year-round simulcasting with the ultimate goal of reopening Green Mountain Park, a racetrack that closed in 1992.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
California stallion Vermont will stand next year's breeding season for $1,500 live foal at Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala