Live racing could return to Vermont if a buyer is found for Green Mountain Park, located near Pownal, Vt. The track, which hasn't conducted live racing since 1992 and currently does not have a racing license, is listed for $2.5 million on the Internet auction company site, eBay.
A Vermont legislator has introduced a bill to authorize year-round simulcasting with the ultimate goal of reopening Green Mountain Park, a racetrack that closed in 1992.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
California stallion Vermont will stand next year's breeding season for $1,500 live foal at Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk