Live racing could return to Vermont if a buyer is found for Green Mountain Park, located near Pownal, Vt. The track, which hasn't conducted live racing since 1992 and currently does not have a racing license, is listed for $2.5 million on the Internet auction company site, eBay.
A Vermont legislator has introduced a bill to authorize year-round simulcasting with the ultimate goal of reopening Green Mountain Park, a racetrack that closed in 1992.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
California stallion Vermont will stand next year's breeding season for $1,500 live foal at Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab