Live racing could return to Vermont if a buyer is found for Green Mountain Park, located near Pownal, Vt. The track, which hasn't conducted live racing since 1992 and currently does not have a racing license, is listed for $2.5 million on the Internet auction company site, eBay.
- By Tom LaMarra
A Vermont legislator has introduced a bill to authorize year-round simulcasting with the ultimate goal of reopening Green Mountain Park, a racetrack that closed in 1992.
Eric Nelson, the new operator of Playfair race course near Spokane, Wash., is considering racing options for Yakima Meadows, a track about 200 miles southwest of Spokane.
California stallion Vermont will stand next year's breeding season for $1,500 live foal at Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Gainesway's Karakontie First Foal Arrives
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?