Favored Grandeur earned his second grade II win from three United States starts when he came from off the pace to capture the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup by three-quarters of a length at Betfair Hollywood Park Dec. 15.
Irish-bred Grandeur, with William Buick up, rallies from last after stumbling at the start Nov. 2 to win the $150,000 Twilight Derby (gr. IIT) to cap off the Breeders' Cup Friday card at Santa Anita.
Verglas, the sire of 28 stakes winners, died May 17 from an accident at the Irish National Stud.
While business was conducted on a lower scale during the third day of the Arqana yearling sale at Deauville in France Aug. 17, the final results maintained the upward momentum seen on the first two days.
The Nicolas Clement-trained Stormy River went from last to first to land the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) in impressive fashion at Chantilly on Sunday.
French-bred Blackdoun unleashed his powerful late run to nip Toasted and Laura's Lucky Boy by a neck in the $400,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) and remain undefeated in three United States starts for trainer Julio Canani.
Blackdoun, a colt who chased some good ones in France, won his second stakes race in as many tries at Del Mar this summer, taking the La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan
- Comments to Treasury Jump as Deadline Nears