J J's Lucky Train came roaring down the center of the racetrack under Jose Ferrer and nailed Vengeful Wildcat at the wire to win the $200,000 Bay Shore Stakes(gr. III) by a neck April 9 at Aqueduct.
Robert Tell and Wesley A. Ward's Madman Diaries took control out of the gate and never looked back, winning the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) by a half length Sept. 4 at Monmouth Park.
A field of nine 2-year-olds will line up for the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 4 at Monmouth Park, the racetrack's premier event for juvenile runners.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies