Promising prospects stretched their legs for prospective buyers March 9 at the second of two under-tack shows for Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected 2-year-olds in training sale.
A Galileo filly is the highest-priced weanling early in the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Tuesday, Nov. 5 in Lexington after she was purchased by Dell Ridge for $475,000.
A Tapit colt became the second seven-figure purchase during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when Coolmore Stud went to $1 million for him.
The Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale in New York Aug. 6 and 7 has seven young horses that were acquired previously at public auction for $200,000 or more apiece.
A day after Caracortado captured the Daytona Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park against some of the best sprinters in the country, his dam, Mons Venus, commanded $250,000 from Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm and Airdrie Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win