Promising prospects stretched their legs for prospective buyers March 9 at the second of two under-tack shows for Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected 2-year-olds in training sale.
A Galileo filly is the highest-priced weanling early in the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Tuesday, Nov. 5 in Lexington after she was purchased by Dell Ridge for $475,000.
A Tapit colt became the second seven-figure purchase during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when Coolmore Stud went to $1 million for him.
The Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale in New York Aug. 6 and 7 has seven young horses that were acquired previously at public auction for $200,000 or more apiece.
A day after Caracortado captured the Daytona Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park against some of the best sprinters in the country, his dam, Mons Venus, commanded $250,000 from Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm and Airdrie Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014