Promising prospects stretched their legs for prospective buyers March 9 at the second of two under-tack shows for Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected 2-year-olds in training sale.
A Galileo filly is the highest-priced weanling early in the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Tuesday, Nov. 5 in Lexington after she was purchased by Dell Ridge for $475,000.
A Tapit colt became the second seven-figure purchase during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale when Coolmore Stud went to $1 million for him.
The Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale in New York Aug. 6 and 7 has seven young horses that were acquired previously at public auction for $200,000 or more apiece.
A day after Caracortado captured the Daytona Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park against some of the best sprinters in the country, his dam, Mons Venus, commanded $250,000 from Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm and Airdrie Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends