A pair of horses who earned graded stakes wins as juveniles will try to add to their resumes June 14 at Churchill Downs when Tapiture and Rise Up meet in the $100,000 Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III).
After rolling to victory in the Street Sense Stakes Oct. 27 at Churchill Downs, Coastline will make his graded stakes debut in the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 23.
Carita Tostada, dam/granddam of three graded stakes winners, was euthanized in June because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Despite a troubled trip, Jadada rallied from just off the pace to win the $214,800 Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday at Keeneland. Sterling Stud's 5-year-old son of Jade Hunter completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.92 under Shane Sellers to complete his first graded stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen