A pair of horses who earned graded stakes wins as juveniles will try to add to their resumes June 14 at Churchill Downs when Tapiture and Rise Up meet in the $100,000 Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III).
After rolling to victory in the Street Sense Stakes Oct. 27 at Churchill Downs, Coastline will make his graded stakes debut in the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 23.
Carita Tostada, dam/granddam of three graded stakes winners, was euthanized in June because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Despite a troubled trip, Jadada rallied from just off the pace to win the $214,800 Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday at Keeneland. Sterling Stud's 5-year-old son of Jade Hunter completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.92 under Shane Sellers to complete his first graded stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6