Outsider Grand Arch, rallying through the long Woodbine stretch, caught favored Excaper in the final strides to register his first stakes win in the $187,759 King Edward (Can-IIT) June 22 on the turf.
After notching the first stakes win of his career in the Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. II), Utley is scheduled to make his first ever start in Canada June 22 in the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT).
Pimlico, Santa Anita, Belterra Park, Canterbury, Will Rogers Downs, Prairie Meaadows view slideshow
Augustin Stable's Utley, winless since last April, got back on track with an off-the-pace upset score in the $400,000 Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course May 17.
Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds takes on highweights Hamp and Hey Leroy May 17 in the $400,000 Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico Race Course.
Multiple graded stakes winner Summer Front, freshened up for his 5-year-old campaign by trainer Christophe Clement, meets defending Ft. Lauderdale Stakes (gr. IIT) upset winner Mucho Mas Macho Jan. 11 at Gulfstream Park.
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas has three starters in the May 18 Preakness Stakes and five in races on the undercard, including Optimizer and Skyring as part of a 13-horse field for the Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT).
Global Power made his first start at Delaware Park a memorable one as the 4-year-old son of Pulpit held off Slip and Drive and Abilio to win the Sussex Stakes July 21.
Delegator, who is due to represent Godolphin in the TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) on Saturday, Nov. 6, at Churchill Downs, has had a quarter crack this week.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud