The state of New York has filed a motion to have the New York Racing Association's bankruputcy petition dismissed.
The New York Racing Association has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, charging that the state of New York's failure to approve a long-stalled casino project for Aqueduct Racetrack has pushed it toward insolvency.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced Monday that it has ceased negotiations to acquire the financially troubled Fair Grounds Corp. in New Orleans, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- It's a Dundeel Wins at Aussie Championships
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays