The state of New York has filed a motion to have the New York Racing Association's bankruputcy petition dismissed.
The New York Racing Association has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, charging that the state of New York's failure to approve a long-stalled casino project for Aqueduct Racetrack has pushed it toward insolvency.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced Monday that it has ceased negotiations to acquire the financially troubled Fair Grounds Corp. in New Orleans, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell