The state of New York has filed a motion to have the New York Racing Association's bankruputcy petition dismissed.
The New York Racing Association has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, charging that the state of New York's failure to approve a long-stalled casino project for Aqueduct Racetrack has pushed it toward insolvency.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced Monday that it has ceased negotiations to acquire the financially troubled Fair Grounds Corp. in New Orleans, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Avila Defiant in Face of Suspension
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Palace Malice in First Work Back for Pletcher
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Godolphin One-Two in Chipping Norton Stakes
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride