Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Paynter turned in his second work since making a comeback from severe illness and the subsequent surgery he underwent last year, breezing four furlongs in :50 1/5 at Santa Anita Park.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Paynter will leave New Bolton Oct. 14 or 15 for Fair Hill Equine Therapy Center in Elkton, Md., owner Ahmed Zayat said.
Doctors at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's New Bolton Center removed a 15-inch external growth from the intestines of Haskell Invitational winner Paynter, owner Ahmed Zayat confirmed Oct. 3.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Paynter has beaten laminitis and will be able to race again if he beats colitis, his owner said Sept. 21.
The next 24 hours are critical in the recovery process of ailing Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Paynter, owner Ahmed Zayat said Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy