Martin Schwartz's Zagora took the lead leaving the second turn and held off a tenacious Marketing Mix for a game victory in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Nov. 2.
Having cleared quarantine, Aidan O'Brien's powerful string of Breeders' Cup contenders took to the oval with the other Europeans at Santa Anita Park for the first time to stretch their legs the morning of Nov. 1.
With horses invading from at least four countries as well as various parts of the U.S. for the Beverly D. Aug. 18, it is somewhat ironic that the 3-1 morning line favorite has been based at Arlington much of the summer.
The Beverly D. Stakes that is part of Arlington Park's International Festival of Racing is ripe with contenders who are hard to separate on paper.
Izzi Top charged past longtime leader Sapphire with a furlong remaining and drew off to a comfortable 1 1/4-length victory in the Barclays Bank Ireland Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 1.
Beauty Parlour justified her favoritism when she held off the challenge of Up to win the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (French One Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) at Longchamp May 13.
Ballydoyle, the racing arm of Coolmore, confirmed Oct. 24 that So You Think has been pre-entered in the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- NYRA Donating Trees for Anna House Fundraiser