Loosen Up Stables' Unreachable Star, the all-time money-winning Indiana-bred racehorse with $784,595 in earnings, has been retired at age 10 because of a soft tissue injury to his left front leg.
Heza Wild Guy, a son of Wild Event-Hebe's Halo, by Sunny's Halo, was honored Jan. 22 as Indiana-bred Horse of the Year and champion Indiana-bred older male.
Less than two years into its slots-at-racetracks initiative, Indiana is in conflict and debate over its Thoroughbred racing and breeding programs, and how to strike a balance between them.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother