Loosen Up Stables' Unreachable Star, the all-time money-winning Indiana-bred racehorse with $784,595 in earnings, has been retired at age 10 because of a soft tissue injury to his left front leg.
Heza Wild Guy, a son of Wild Event-Hebe's Halo, by Sunny's Halo, was honored Jan. 22 as Indiana-bred Horse of the Year and champion Indiana-bred older male.
Less than two years into its slots-at-racetracks initiative, Indiana is in conflict and debate over its Thoroughbred racing and breeding programs, and how to strike a balance between them.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses