Loosen Up Stables' Unreachable Star, the all-time money-winning Indiana-bred racehorse with $784,595 in earnings, has been retired at age 10 because of a soft tissue injury to his left front leg.
Heza Wild Guy, a son of Wild Event-Hebe's Halo, by Sunny's Halo, was honored Jan. 22 as Indiana-bred Horse of the Year and champion Indiana-bred older male.
Less than two years into its slots-at-racetracks initiative, Indiana is in conflict and debate over its Thoroughbred racing and breeding programs, and how to strike a balance between them.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak