Loosen Up Stables' Unreachable Star, the all-time money-winning Indiana-bred racehorse with $784,595 in earnings, has been retired at age 10 because of a soft tissue injury to his left front leg.
Heza Wild Guy, a son of Wild Event-Hebe's Halo, by Sunny's Halo, was honored Jan. 22 as Indiana-bred Horse of the Year and champion Indiana-bred older male.
Less than two years into its slots-at-racetracks initiative, Indiana is in conflict and debate over its Thoroughbred racing and breeding programs, and how to strike a balance between them.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start