Loosen Up Stables' Unreachable Star, the all-time money-winning Indiana-bred racehorse with $784,595 in earnings, has been retired at age 10 because of a soft tissue injury to his left front leg.
Heza Wild Guy, a son of Wild Event-Hebe's Halo, by Sunny's Halo, was honored Jan. 22 as Indiana-bred Horse of the Year and champion Indiana-bred older male.
Less than two years into its slots-at-racetracks initiative, Indiana is in conflict and debate over its Thoroughbred racing and breeding programs, and how to strike a balance between them.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate