Ihtimal made a powerful statement in the $250,000 United Arab Emirates One Thousand Guineas, closing strongly from off the pace, seizing a commanding lead in the stretch, and romping unchallenged to victory Feb. 6 at Meydan.
The road to the world's richest Thoroughbred race, the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), continues Feb. 6 with the $250,000 Al Maktoum Challenge-Round 2 (UAE-II) at Meydan Racecourse.
Lovely Pass took over from the pacesetter in the stretch and held back a strong challenge from runner-up Shuruq to win the $250,000 United Arab Emirates One Thousand Guineas Sponsored by Gulf News Feb. 7 at Meydan.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Belmont Stakes: Frammento Gets a Bath
- American Pharoah Heading to the Track
- Belmont Stakes: Bob Baffert Presser