Matt Koch co-owns Shawhan Place near Paris, Ky.
The University of Kentucky Ag Equine Programs will host the sixth annual Equine Farm and Facilities Expo June 3 from 4 to 8 p.m. EDT at the Kentucky Equine Humane Center in Nicholasville, Ky.
Results of the first wide-ranging study of Kentucky's equine industry since 1977 were released Sept. 6 and showed that last year the industry had a total economic impact of almost $3 billion and generated 40,665 jobs.
Experts have reported that eastern tent caterpillars are now wandering and population levels are among the highest they've seen since the 2001, when Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome hit Central Kentucky particularly hard.
The Kentucky Agricultural Experiment Station has published the scientific papers from the August 2002 workshop on Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome, convened at the University of Kentucky's Gluck Equine Research Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm