Member organizations of the Unwanted Horse Coalition, formed almost 10 years ago, reviewed progress on several fronts June 23 and solicited input on how to maximize existing programs.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
Veterinarian Dr. Douglas Corey has been elected chairman of the Unwanted Horse Coalition. The members of the UHC appointed Corey during the UHC annual meeting June 21.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, now in its fifth year, adopted a multi-faceted strategic plan June 21 designed to continue advocacy and education programs but move the organization to the next level.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is circulating suggested best practices as a guide for individuals and associations to reducing the number of unwanted horses.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is seeking more facilities that accept, place, or use horses to list themselves on the UHC Web site. Currently, more than 200 facilities are listed.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition has unveiled its Web site and released a brochure that offer information on how to reduce the number of unwanted horses in the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points