Member organizations of the Unwanted Horse Coalition, formed almost 10 years ago, reviewed progress on several fronts June 23 and solicited input on how to maximize existing programs.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
Veterinarian Dr. Douglas Corey has been elected chairman of the Unwanted Horse Coalition. The members of the UHC appointed Corey during the UHC annual meeting June 21.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, now in its fifth year, adopted a multi-faceted strategic plan June 21 designed to continue advocacy and education programs but move the organization to the next level.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is circulating suggested best practices as a guide for individuals and associations to reducing the number of unwanted horses.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is seeking more facilities that accept, place, or use horses to list themselves on the UHC Web site. Currently, more than 200 facilities are listed.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition has unveiled its Web site and released a brochure that offer information on how to reduce the number of unwanted horses in the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16