The Unwanted Horse Coalition is offering a new resource to encourage horse-related organizations and groups to become involved in efforts to assist or prevent unwanted horses.
Representatives of the Unwanted Horse Coalition plan to expand the organization's Operation Gelding program, given results of a recent survey.
Member organizations of the Unwanted Horse Coalition, formed almost 10 years ago, reviewed progress on several fronts June 23 and solicited input on how to maximize existing programs.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
Veterinarian Dr. Douglas Corey has been elected chairman of the Unwanted Horse Coalition. The members of the UHC appointed Corey during the UHC annual meeting June 21.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Unwanted Horse Coalition, now in its fifth year, adopted a multi-faceted strategic plan June 21 designed to continue advocacy and education programs but move the organization to the next level.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is circulating suggested best practices as a guide for individuals and associations to reducing the number of unwanted horses.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition is seeking more facilities that accept, place, or use horses to list themselves on the UHC Web site. Currently, more than 200 facilities are listed.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition has unveiled its Web site and released a brochure that offer information on how to reduce the number of unwanted horses in the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday