Jerry Lambert, one of California's leading jockeys in the 1960s and 1970s, died Feb. 24 at Magali Farms in Santa Ynez, Calif.
Charles Nuckols Jr., an icon of the Thoroughbred industry, died Sept. 2 at his home near Midway, Ky. Nuckols, 83, had been fighting a variety of ailments the past several years, and died of complications from congestive heart failure.
Shigeo Yoshida, a cousin of prominent Japanese breeder Zenya Yoshida and the operator of Yoshida Stud Farm, died Thursday after a lengthy illness. He was 65.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- 'Canadian Million' Races Set for Woodbine
- Baffert Forever Linked to Unbridled's Song
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score