Jerry Lambert, one of California's leading jockeys in the 1960s and 1970s, died Feb. 24 at Magali Farms in Santa Ynez, Calif.
Charles Nuckols Jr., an icon of the Thoroughbred industry, died Sept. 2 at his home near Midway, Ky. Nuckols, 83, had been fighting a variety of ailments the past several years, and died of complications from congestive heart failure.
Shigeo Yoshida, a cousin of prominent Japanese breeder Zenya Yoshida and the operator of Yoshida Stud Farm, died Thursday after a lengthy illness. He was 65.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw