Jerry Lambert, one of California's leading jockeys in the 1960s and 1970s, died Feb. 24 at Magali Farms in Santa Ynez, Calif.
Charles Nuckols Jr., an icon of the Thoroughbred industry, died Sept. 2 at his home near Midway, Ky. Nuckols, 83, had been fighting a variety of ailments the past several years, and died of complications from congestive heart failure.
Shigeo Yoshida, a cousin of prominent Japanese breeder Zenya Yoshida and the operator of Yoshida Stud Farm, died Thursday after a lengthy illness. He was 65.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC