Jerry Lambert, one of California's leading jockeys in the 1960s and 1970s, died Feb. 24 at Magali Farms in Santa Ynez, Calif.
Charles Nuckols Jr., an icon of the Thoroughbred industry, died Sept. 2 at his home near Midway, Ky. Nuckols, 83, had been fighting a variety of ailments the past several years, and died of complications from congestive heart failure.
Shigeo Yoshida, a cousin of prominent Japanese breeder Zenya Yoshida and the operator of Yoshida Stud Farm, died Thursday after a lengthy illness. He was 65.
Most Popular Stories
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- First Winner for Desert Key
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day